Tax on villas at Soneva Fushi stands at 29.92%. This is based on your room rate, and includes a 10% Service Charge, 2% Carbon Offset Tax, and 16% Goods and Services Tax. There is an additional USD 6 per person per night Green Tax for food and beverages, transfers and other resort facilities, such as the spa.
Soneva Fushi is located on the private island of Kunfunadhoo in the Baa Atoll, a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve in the Maldives. At 1,400 by 400 metres, it is one of the Maldives’ largest island resorts.
At Soneva Fushi, we set our clocks forward by one hour ahead of Malé time so that our guests can enjoy more daylight hours. Malé time is UTC +5. During Ramadan, the clocks at Soneva Fushi shift back to Malé time.
The Maldives is an all-season destination, with a tropical climate, sunshine-filled days and temperatures averaging 30°C all year round. Diving is good at any time of the year, however the monsoon season (May-October) is the best season for manta rays and other marine life due to the higher quantities of plankton.
Vaccinations are only required for visitors travelling to the Maldives from a region where yellow fever and cholera are endemic. For all other guests, no vaccinations are needed.
We have a resort nurse available 24/7 at Soneva Fushi. The nearest medical clinic is on the neighbouring island of Eydhafushi, which is less than 10 minutes away by speedboat. For conditions requiring further medical attention, there is a hospital in Malé.
You can fly into Velana International Airport in Malé, the capital of the Maldives.
Upon exiting the doors after luggage collection, you will be met by Soneva’s Airport Representative holding a sign with ‘Soneva’. They will escort you to either the lounge or the seaplane/domestic terminal for departure.
Yes, but you will need prior authorisation before entering the Maldives, which can be arranged through a jet handler in Malé. The length of the runway at our local airport on Dharavandoo island is 1,200 metres, which is long enough to accommodate most medium-sized jets.
We offer complimentary CIP services to all guests spending a minimum of USD 12,500 per person, per stay on their room at Soneva Fushi or Soneva Jani (room rate only, other services not included). Accompanying children will also receive complimentary CIP services.
There are no storage facilities at the Soneva Lounge, however there are secure locker facilities at the International Airport. Lockers can be rented for less than USD 10 per day. This can be arranged upon arrival at the airport. Please ask Soneva’s airport representative for assistance.
Transfers are arranged by our Reservations Team, and flights can also be arranged via our website booking engine. There are two ways to reach Soneva Fushi from Malé: a seaplane from Malé International Airport direct to Soneva Fushi (recommended), or a domestic flight from Malé International Airport to Dharavandhoo Airport, followed by a 12-minute speedboat ride to Soneva Fushi.
Both flights take approximately 30 to 40 minutes, however the prices are different. The seaplane only operates during the day, with the last flight leaving at 17H00. The last domestic flight to Dharavandhoo Airport is at 23H15.
All guests who have pre-booked and paid for the Soneva Seaplane, but instead transfer from or to Malé on the Manta Air seaplane, will receive a resort credit as compensation, valued at USD 150 NET per person per voyage during peak season, and USD 100 NET per person per voyage during shoulder season. The resort credit can be redeemed against food and beverages, experiences and Soneva Soul treatments, excluding third parties and retail outlets.
As seaplanes land on and take off from water, they will only fly from sunrise to sunset.
When arriving into the Maldives, please plan to arrive at Malé by 15H30 local time if you would like to reach Soneva Fushi by seaplane on the same day. If you are unable to arrive by that time, you can spend the night in Malé or take an internal flight to the nearby Dharavandhoo Airport and arrive at the resort by speedboat.
For guests departing from Soneva Fushi, seaplane flights can be arranged for international flights scheduled for a departure time after 09H00 until approximately 16H30.
At what altitude does the seaplane fly? The seaplane flies at an altitude between 2,100 to 6,500 feet. This varies with different payloads and the number of people on each flight.
The last domestic flight from Malé to Dharavandhoo Airport is at 23H15. If you arrive too late to make this connection, you can arrange an overnight stay at either the Hulhule Island Hotel at the airport or Hotel Jen Malé. The first seaplane of the following day will depart for Soneva Fushi at 09H00. Our airport representative will meet you upon your arrival and assist you with any transfers.
The standard weight is 25 kg per person, including hand luggage. If you have more luggage, please let our Reservations Team know in advance. There is no baggage allowance for infants under two on the seaplane.
Transfers for infants below the age of two are free of charge. Due to legal safety requirements, there is no separate seat allocation for infants under two on the seaplane.
Yes, we offer a private seaplane charter. The cost of a private charter on Soneva Seaplane (9 seats) is USD 9,350 per one way trip, which includes a CIP service.
Manta Air also offers a regular 14 seat charter, including CIP services, at USD 6,750 per one way trip. All prices include taxes.
We advise against speedboat transfers from Malé – the journey takes approximately 2.5 hours by sea, and can be rough.
Speedboat transfers can be arranged from the following resorts at an additional cost, plus 23.2% tax.
Baa Atoll, Royal Island Resort (3.2 NM, 7 mins) US$ 175 Baa Atoll, Dusit Thani (6.2 NM, 15 mins) US$ 225 Baa Atoll, Reethi Beach (10 NM, 25 mins) US$ 325 Baa Atoll, Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru (11.4 NM, 30 mins) US$ 350 Baa Atoll, Anantara Kihaavah Villas (11 NM, 30 mins) US$ 375 Kaafu Atoll, One&Only Reethi Rah (39.5 NM, 1 hr 30 mins) US$ 1,100 Kaafu Atoll, Malé (62 NM, 2 hrs) US$ 1,600 Noonu Atoll, Cheval Blanc Randheli (38.9 NM, 1 hr 20 mins) US$ 1,100
For other resorts, guests will need to return to Malé International Airport and arrange seaplane transfers directly from there.
The prices listed are for indication only and are liable to change. Please check with our Reservations team before you book.
The exact timing for your departure will be communicated to you by your Barefoot Guardian on the evening of departure. Your luggage will be collected and you will be presented with your final bill for signing approximately one hour before you depart. Our transfer team will ensures that all guests reach Malé International Airport on time for their connecting flights.
At Soneva, we believe in travelling light. Don’t get weighed down with non-essentials by following our useful packing guide:
1. Leave your heels at home – our ‘no news, no shoes’ policy not only lets you feel the sand between your toes, but also means your suitcases will be considerably lighter.
2. Keep it casual. Take your cue from our laid-back vibe and dress accordingly.
3. Don’t bother with heavy clothes – our enviable climate is temperate all year round, so the most you’ll need is a light wrap or shawl. And if it does rain, simply borrow one of our rain coats or umbrellas.
4. There’s no need to bring bottles of mosquito repellent with your toiletries – we have both mosquito coils and lotion in all of our villas.
5. Want to while away an hour or two with a great book? Visit our well-stocked pop-up bookshop from our Barefoot Bookseller and choose your favourite tome. Most of our villas also feature their own bookshelves, too.
6. Our goal is to completely eliminate the use of plastic at our properties. Please don’t bring any plastics with you (such as water bottles) – we provide our own filtered water in eco-friendly reusable glass bottles. If you must bring plastic, we politely request that you also take it home with you.
7. Please also avoid having your luggage wrapped in cellophane at your departure airport. Single-use plastics such as luggage wrap have a devastating effect on the natural environment, and we are currently campaigning to end their use in the Maldives.
8. We have professional photographers and videographers at all our resorts to help you capture that perfect moment, so you can leave heavy camera equipment at home. Please contact us at [email protected] for further details and prices.
9. For families with infants and small children, we will arrange all the essential equipment you need, such as cots and high chairs. Please refer to our pre-arrival form for more details, or contact us at [email protected].
10. If you’re travelling with children, don’t pack all of their toys and gadgets – younger guests will love The Den, our dedicated zone for kids of all ages, which includes a Lego room, dressing up room, cinema, music room, arts and crafts space and even a kitchen for kid-friendly cooking classes.
11. Need a charge? We provide adaptors in all of our villas and our electricity sockets are multi-standard to fit a wide range of plugs and chargers.
12. If you need to stay connected to the outside world, we offer complimentary WIFI at the resort. Should you wish to truly disconnect you can turn the WIFI off in your villa.
13. To chill out to your favourite soundtrack, simply connect to the Bluetooth Bose speaker system in your villa. Each villa also includes a television and DVD player.
14. Planning to stay active during your visit? We have everything you need, from yoga mats in every villa, personal bicycles and tricycles for guests of all ages, and complimentary use of non-motorised watersports equipment, including paddle boards, canoes, catamarans and windsurfs. We also have an on-site gym.
15. Tell us your favourite vintage, and we’ll stock up your walk-in mini bar or cellar before you arrive.
16. Forgotten something? Our on-site boutique has all the essentials, from natural suncreams to the latest beachwear.
Yes, you can. However, your board may not travel on the seaplane or domestic flight transfer, depending on the weight of the luggage. We have a wide range of eco-friendly, complimentary surf boards and other water sports equipment that are available for you to borrow, so we encourage you to leave your surfing equipment at home.
We strongly advise against bringing drones to Soneva Fushi. Maintaining our guests’ privacy is our top priority, so drone use is completely banned in many areas of the resort (such as above guest villas). There are specific times and areas when drone use is permitted, which must be approved by our General Manager. If you would like to record drone footage, we recommend that you use our Digital Storyteller service.
The Den, our children’s zone, is a playground for the imagination. Click here for more information about The Den and its weekly programme of activities.
We also offer a wide range of one-of-a-kind experiences for the whole family.
Yes, our Digital Storytellers can accompany you however you wish, capturing whatever memories you choose. They also offer drone photography and videography.
If you wish to book one of our Digital Storytellers, please coordinate with your Barefoot Guardian to book a time slot, or contact our Reservations Team.
Kinesis Personal Vision by Technogym
Cable Station by Technogym
Lat Machine by Technogym
Rowing Machine by Concept2
Two treadmills by Life Fitness
Elliptical by Life Fitness
A bicycle machine by Life Fitness
A power rack with bench by Technogym
Adjustable bench by Technogym
Dumbells of different weights by Technogym
Kettlebells of different weights by Technogym
Wellness tools of different types
Yes, we provide complimentary bicycles and tricycles in every villa. Helmets are available on request.
Yes, we have a wide range of menus to suit every dining requirement and our chefs can customise every meal according to your preferences (including vegetarian, plant-based, pescatarian, kosher and halal).
Tables at our restaurants are based on availability (excluding Mihiree Mithaa and Down to Earth for our Half and Full Board guests). You can book in advance via Reservations, or you can speak to your Barefoot Guardian if you want to book a specific restaurant during your stay.
All meal plans include breakfast at Mihiree Mithaa. Guests can choose to have lunch or dinner at Mihiree Mithaa, Fresh in the Garden, Out of the Blue, Down To Earth, and Shades of Green as part of their Half Board / Full Board Meal plan. If the guests choose to dine at any other outlets, USD 100 will be credited for lunch per person, and USD 180 will be credited per dinner per person.
No. All beverages, including juice, water and aerated and alcoholic drinks are charged separately.
Yes, Soneva Unlimited is priced at USD 920 per adult per night (age 15 and above) and USD 460 per child per night (age 7 to 14), inclusive of taxes and service charge. The supplement is charged in addition to nightly villa rates and is not applicable for any bonus night offers. Soneva Unlimited includes endless sumptuous feasts and inspiring cuisine with visiting Michelin-starred chefs; daily rejuvenating therapies and one-of-a-kind experiences.
This can be arranged on request. Please note that not all villas have kitchens so please confirm with our Reservations Team in advance.
Yes, if you make a reservation in advance through our Reservations team at [email protected]. Transfers to and from Soneva Fushi can be arranged privately or through Soneva Fushi by prior arrangement. The only exception is for the sandbank, where we only allow resort guests to dine.
© 2023 Soneva. All Rights Reserved.