Getting to Our Resort
The Soneva experience begins when you arrive at Malé International Airport. You will be greeted by a Soneva Representative holding a sign saying “Soneva”, who will assist you with your local transfers.* There are two ways to reach Soneva Fushi from Malé – you can either take a 30--minute seaplane from Malé International Airport direct to Soneva Fushi, or take a domestic flight from Malé International Airport to Dharavandhoo Airport, followed by a 12-minute speedboat ride to Soneva Fushi. Both flights take approximately 30 to 40 minutes, however the prices are different. The seaplane only operates during the day, with the last flight leaving at 17:00. The last domestic flight to Dharavandhoo Airport is at 23:15.
If you prefer to take a seaplane, there are two choices available: either the Soneva seaplane or the Trans Maldivian Airways (TMA) seaplane. The Soneva seaplane is private and more comfortable, while the TMA seaplane carries slightly more passengers and may stop en-route at other destinations before arriving at Soneva Fushi. The Soneva seaplane is operated by the TMA Authority so we are bound by their timings and regulations.
- Our representative will escort you to the Soneva lounge, just a five minute Tesla car ride away.
- Schedules are subject to Trans Maldivian Airlines’ discretion.
- Please ensure your international flight lands in Malé no later than 15:30 for your seaplane connection.
- If you have a later flight, we have an alternative domestic transfer option.
- You will be escorted directly to the domestic terminal for departure.
View Resort Map
Packing and Flight Tips
- At Soneva, we believe in travelling light. Don’t get weighed down with non- essentials by following our useful packing guide.
- The seaplane flight is 30 minutes long and does not offer restroom facilities. We recommend you use the restroom before boarding.
- Checked-in luggage on the seaplane is limited to 25 kgs. If you think your luggage may exceed this, please contact Soneva Reservations.*
- We provide a range of complimentary non-motorised water sports equipment at the resort. Should you wish to bring your own equipment (such as surf, body, and wakeboards), please notify Reservations of the type of equipment and their dimensions in advance.
*If you have yet to book your transfers you are required to do so no later than 72 hours prior to arrival. Please contact Reservations at [email protected] or +91 124 4511000.