What taxes and service charges do I pay?
Tax on villas at Soneva Kiri stands at 21.7%. This is based on your room rate, and includes a 10% Service Charge, 2% Carbon Offset Tax, and 9.7% Government Taxes.
Where is Soneva Kiri located?
Soneva Kiri is located on the northern tip of the unspoiled island of Koh Kood in Thailand. The island is home to some of the best beaches in the country.
What is Soneva Kiri time?
At Soneva Kiri, we set our clocks forward by one hour ahead of Bangkok time so that our guests can enjoy more daylight hours.
What is the weather like?
While Koh Kood is an all season destination, winter is the best time to visit as the temperature is optimal. Between October to February, the island has relatively cool, dry and sunny weather. From March until the end of May the temperatures are hotter. Monsoon season is from June to September, however this is when the island’s waterfalls are at their best and the resort is extremely green and lush.
Will I need any vaccinations?
There are no recommended vaccinations needed to travel to Koh Kood. A yellow fever certificate is a must for entering Thailand for nationals from specific countries – please consult your doctor before you travel.
Is there a doctor on site?
We have a resort nurse available 24/7 at Soneva Kiri. There is also a local hospital on Koh Kood.
What Thai airport should I fly to?
You can fly into Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok, the capital of Thailand.
What happens when I arrive at Suvarnabhumi International Airport?
If you arrive on an international flight, our Host will meet you on the aerobridge. If you arrive via a domestic flight to Bangkok, you will be met at the arrivals gate. If you’re travelling direct from Bangkok, the meeting point is in the Departure Hall, at Counter K24. From there, you’ll be transferred to our waiting plane.
How do I get to Soneva Kiri from Suvarnabhumi International Airport?
Transfers to Koh Mai Si (MSI), Soneva Kiri’s Airport Island, are via Soneva Kiri’s private eight-seater Cessna 208 Caravan, that operate daily on a fixed daytime schedule. The transfer time takes approximately 90 minutes. When you arrive at Koh Mai Si, there is a five-minute speedboat ride to Soneva Kiri.
The first transfer flight departs at 06:40 and the last flight to Soneva Kiri departs at 15:40. To be able to make that flight guests should arrive in Bangkok by 13:00.
For those arriving later we can assist with booking an overnight stay in Bangkok (at your own expense). You will depart Bangkok on the first flight to Soneva Kiri the following day.
How do I arrange transfers to Soneva Kiri?
Transfers are arranged by our Reservations team. They will need to know the details of your international flights at least 72 hours in advance.
Round-trip shared flight transfers on the private Soneva plane between Bangkok and Soneva Kiri can be booked at USD 700 per adult and USD 350 per child (age 2-15).
Please note that Soneva Kiri reserves the right to make changes to your flight itinerary at any time.
Where is the check-in counter for Soneva Kiri’s transfer flight?
Soneva Kiri’s check-in counter for all transfer flights is located in the Suvarnabhumi International Airport Departure Terminal, 4th floor, Counter K24.
Please note that the check-in counter is open two hours before departure time, and check-in is 90 minutes before the flight is scheduled to depart.
The check-in counter will close 40 minutes before departure in accordance with Thai Civil Aviation’s policy. If you are arriving on an international flight, please keep a buffer of at least 120 minutes between your arrival and your departure time to Soneva Kiri. Any guests who arrive late to the check-in counter will not be allowed to board.
If I need help at the airport, who can I contact?
Our Soneva Kiri airport representatives can be contacted at 082 208 8888.
Are there lounge services for Soneva guests at Suvarnabhumi International Airport?
Yes, guests transiting from international Business or First Class flights en-route to Soneva Kiri, can use the Thai Airways «Royal Silk Lounge» (2nd Floor). This should be arranged in advance with our Reservations team.
Complimentary lounge access is not available for guests departing from Soneva Kiri to Bangkok. Lounge access is priced at THB 600 per two hours per person. Please note that this lounge is located before Immigration and security clearance.
What is the baggage allowance on the aircraft?
The standard weight is 15 kg per person, including hand luggage. If you have more luggage, please let our Reservations Team know in advance. There is no baggage allowance for infants under two on the aircraft.
Do infants require their own seat?
Transfers for infants below the age of two are free of charge. Due to legal safety requirements, there is no separate seat allocation for infants under two on the aircraft.
May I bring water or any liquids on the flight?
All liquids, gels, creams and pastes in containers of 100 ml or more are not permitted in hand luggage, and must be placed in your check-in luggage.
Are there any other ways to get to Soneva Kiri?
Yes, Soneva Kiri is accessible from Trat Province (a 5-6 hour drive or a 1-hour flight from Bangkok, charged as per airline). From Trat, you can organise a speedboat transfer from Laem Sok pier at USD 1,200 per boat each way (max. 14 persons) or by public ferry (the ferries have fixed departure times, usually before 14:00 hours). Soneva Reservations is unable to assist with booking the domestic flights or car transfers.
You can also book a Soneva Private Charter between Bangkok, Phuket, Koh Samui, Chiang Mai, Chiang rai, Hua Hin, U Tapao Pattaya and Soneva Kiri. Please contact our Reservations Team for more information.
Please note that Soneva Kiri flights are registered as private charters, exclusively for the use of guests staying at Soneva Kiri. Guests can opt to travel on Soneva Kiri’s plane to Koh Kood, stay one night with us and take the flight back to Bangkok at a later date if they wish to spend additional days at another resort on the island.
Can I land my private jet on Soneva Kiri’s airport island?
Any aircraft that is compatible with runways of 820 metres can land at Koh Mai Si. Please refer to the Koh Mai Si Airport fact sheet for more details.
What happens on departure from Soneva Kiri?
The exact timing for your departure will be communicated to you by your Barefoot Butler on the evening before departure. Your luggage will be collected and you will be presented with your final bill for signing approximately one hour before you depart. Our transfer team ensures that all Soneva guests reach Suvarnabhumi International Airport on time for connecting flights.
What should I pack?
At Soneva, we believe in travelling light. Don’t get weighed down with non-essentials by following our useful packing guide:
1. Leave your heels at home – our ‘no news, no shoes’ policy not only lets you feel the sand between your toes, but also means your suitcases will be considerably lighter.
2. Keep it casual. Take your cue from our laid-back vibe and dress accordingly.
3. Don’t bother with heavy clothes – our enviable climate is temperate all year round, so the most you’ll need is a light wrap or shawl. And if it does rain, simply borrow one of our rain coats or umbrellas.
4. There’s no need to bring bottles of mosquito repellent with your toiletries – we have both mosquito coils and lotion in all of our villas.
5. Want to while away an hour or two with a great book? Visit our well-stocked library and choose your favourite tome. Most of our villas also feature their own bookshelves, too.
6. Our goal is to completely eliminate the use of plastic at our properties. Please don’t bring any plastics with you (such as water bottles) – we provide our own filtered water in eco-friendly reusable glass bottles. If you must bring plastic, we politely request that you also take it home with you.
7. Please also avoid having your luggage wrapped in cellophane at your departure airport. Single-use plastics such as luggage wrap have a devastating effect on the natural environment, and we are currently campaigning to end their use in the Maldives.
8. We have professional photographers and videographers at all our resorts to help you capture that perfect moment, so you can leave heavy camera equipment at home. Please contact us at [email protected] for further details and prices.
9. For families with infants and small children, we will arrange all the essential equipment you need, such as cots and high chairs. Please refer to our pre-arrival form for more details, or contact us at [email protected]
10. If you’re travelling with children, don’t pack all of their toys and gadgets – younger guests will love The Den, our dedicated zone for kids of all ages, which includes a Lego room, dressing up room, cinema, music room, arts and crafts space and even a kitchen for kid-friendly cooking classes.
11. Need a charge? We provide adaptors in all of our villas and our electricity sockets are multi-standard to fit a wide range of plugs and chargers.
12. If you need to stay connected to the outside world, we offer complimentary WIFI at the resort. Should you wish to truly disconnect you can turn the WIFI off in your villa.
13. To chill out to your favourite soundtrack, simply connect to the Bluetooth Bose speaker system in your villa. Each villa also includes a television and DVD player.
14. Planning to stay active during your visit? We have everything you need, from yoga mats in every villa, personal bicycles and tricycles for guests of all ages, and complimentary use of non-motorised watersports equipment, including paddle boards, canoes, catamarans and windsurfs. We also have an on-site gym.
15. Tell us your favourite vintage, and we’ll stock up your walk-in mini bar or cellar before you arrive.
16. Forgotten something? Our on-site boutique has all the essentials, from natural suncreams to the latest beachwear.
Can I bring/use my own drone?
We strongly advise against bringing drones to Soneva Kiri. Maintaining our guests’ privacy is our top priority, so drone use is completely banned in many areas of the resort (such as above guest villas). There are specific times and areas when drone use is permitted, which must be approved by our General Manager. If you would like to record drone footage, we recommend that you use our Digital Storyteller service.
What can I do at Soneva Kiri?
For our full list of experiences click here.
What activities are there for families?
The Den, our children’s zone, is a playground for the imagination. Click here for more information about The Den and its weekly programme of activities.
We also offer a wide range of one-of-a-kind experiences for the whole family.
Do you offer photography or videography services?
Yes, our Digital Storytellers can accompany you however you wish, capturing whatever memories you choose. They also offer drone photography and videography.
If you wish to book one of our Digital Storytellers, please coordinate with your Barefoot Butler to book a time slot, or contact our Reservations Team.
What equipment is available in the gym?
Where can I eat at Soneva Kiri?
For our full list of dining destinations and experiences, please click here.
Do you cater to plant-based, vegans, vegetarians, coeliacs or people with special dietary requirements?
Yes, we have a wide range of menus to suit every dining requirement and our chefs can customise every meal according to your preferences (including vegetarian, plant-based, pescatarian, kosher and halal).
Do I need to book ahead for Soneva Kiri’s restaurants?
Tables at our restaurants are based on availability (excluding So Fresh for our Half and Full Board guests). You can book in advance via Reservations, or you can speak to your Barefoot Guardian if you want to book a specific restaurant during your stay.
Which restaurants are included in the Half and Full Board meal plans?
Half Board (breakfast and dinner) or Full Board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) meals are fully-inclusive at The Dining Room for breakfast, The Dining Room, South Beach and Ever Soneva So Spirited for lunch, and The Dining Room, Kruua Mae Tuk (Tuk’s Kitchen), Colours of the Garden and The View for dinner. If you choose to dine at any of our other outlets, you will be credited with USD 100 per person for lunch, and USD 175 for dinner. Anything outside of this credit limit will be charged as a supplement as per the published rates.
Are beverages included in the Half or Full Board meal plans?
No. All beverages, including juice, water and aerated and alcoholic drinks are charged separately.
Do you have an all-inclusive supplement?
Yes, Soneva Unlimited is priced at USD 710 per adult per night (age 15 and above) and USD 355 per child per night (age 7 to 14), inclusive of taxes and service charge. The supplement is charged in addition to nightly villa rates and is not applicable for any bonus night offers. Soneva Unlimited includes endless sumptuous feasts and inspiring cuisine with visiting Michelin-starred chefs; daily rejuvenating therapies and one-of-a-kind experiences.
Can we prepare our own food in the villa kitchens?
We can arrange for one of our chefs to cook in your villa for an additional fee. Please note that not all villas have kitchens so please confirm with our Reservations Team in advance.
Can I dine at Soneva Kiri if I’m not a guest?
Yes, if you make a reservation in advance through our Reservations team at [email protected]. Transfers to and from Soneva Kiri can be arranged privately.
© 2023 Soneva. All Rights Reserved.