Scope of Position
The primary responsibility of the Villa Ownership Team is to achieve the annual sales goal. The Sales Manager role reports directly to the Director, Soneva Villa Ownership and works closely with the island operations team and marketing team at The Hub (Bangkok). This role is based on Soneva Jani with travel among the resorts.
Major Role Responsibilities/Functions:
• Welcome and host prospective villa owners, pro-actively utilizing guest research, pre arrival alerts and on-island leads to generate purchase interest and communicate activity to the Director of SVO in a timely manner.
• Build awareness of Soneva Villa Ownership on island through open houses and other events (such as weekly GM Cocktails)
• Develop and maintain up to date sales collateral and web site with the marketing department
• Maintain accurate data and sales records/database
• Host tours for day trip guests/prospects/fam trips as and when required
• Act as a positive ambassador for Soneva through the SLOWLIFE philosophy
• Hold daily office hours and coordinate private appointments to convert prospects into owners
• Sales related admin – collate guest research, monthly reports, etc. as required by the Director
• Manage sales enquiries (including My Soneva Preferences & general advertising responses) utilizing standard email responses (based on templates we create)
• Coordinate weekly open houses
• Event management – provide support to co-ordinate events including roadshows, auctions, dinners, etc (and attend where necessary).
• Assist the Director in defining an annual sales strategy and execute agreed actions accordingly
• Identify potential partnerships and manage accordingly
• Pro-actively manage the sales process to convert prospects into buyers
Other Tasks include (but are not limited to):
• Participate in social functions and identify networking opportunities
• Attend resort meetings as necessary
• Attend island training as necessary
• Co-ordinate with internal departments to run events
• Positively represent the team and support operations where necessary (ie. Jetty for arrival/departures)
• Travel across resorts
• Perform any other duties as required by the Director
Qualifications (Experience / Special Skills):
• Minimum of 3 years experience in Sales Management, preferably within the Private Residence sector or luxury hotels/real estate
• Energetic with a personable, mature, positive and friendly demeanor
• Immaculate presentation
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Outstanding organizational skills & attention to detail
• Proficient in MS Office & Apple – Mac/iPad
• Experience with sales force, preferable but not mandatory
• Ability to work under pressure
• Solid track record in sales & strong closing skills
• High emotional IQ
• Can identify priorities and effectively execute tasks/projects accordingly and in a timely manner
• Exceptional customer relationship skills
• Professional work related degree level qualification in Business/Marketing
• Confidence to interact on a social and professional level with high net worth clientele
• Passion for excellence
• Can read, write and speak fluently in English and one other language (preferably Mandarin, Russian or Japanese)
What additional skills may this role require to stay relevant within the next 3-5 years
• Ongoing professional development in Luxury Real Estate Management
• Resort Management
• Contract negotiation and drafting
SLOW LIFE Responsibilities:
Ensure that all materials used are sustainable (example: environmentally friendly printer paper; toner is recycled; laptops and their batteries are recycled etc.). Bring to the attention of management or to the Innovation Committee when this is not the case.
Always look for new local products and local sources of products for use in your and in the heart of house areas. Bring ideas on this to the attention of management or to the Innovation Committee.
Explain to the hosts whenever possible and whenever the products are organic (for example, environmentally friendly and/or recycled paper; healthy food for the hosts in the host restaurant; double-sided printing; colour printing only if necessary etc.). If there are products you know of that are being grown organically and available locally, but not available at the resort, bring this to the attention of management or to the Innovation Committee.
At every opportunity, talk to guests and other hosts about what is available at the resort to strengthen their body, mind and spirit. Examples at the Spa: Yoga; Reiki; Meditation; Visiting Practitioners etc.
Inform the guests and other hosts about Six Senses Wellness Water, Meat-Free Day, SLOW LIFE Hour, what
the resort does to conserve energy, help the community, protect the environment and reduce CO2
Be informed of exciting LIFE activities that are offered at the resort and share this information with guests at